Facts on TPS Countries
- Over 273,000 U.S born children have at least one parent with TPS.
- Sudanese TPS holders are the first group that will lose their TPS protections and benefits on November 2, 2018.
- El Salvador, Haiti, and Honduras, account for approximately 90% of all TPS holders.
- Additionally, TPS was extended to the three African countries of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone in November of 2014 after the Ebola outbreak. The Obama administration terminated TPS for these countries in September of 2016 and expired in May of 2017.
- TPS has been terminated under Trump for Sudan, Nicaragua, Haiti, El Salvador, Nepal, Liberia(DED) and Honduras – affecting over 300,000 people and their families.
Country Fact Sheets
Click on each flag to download the respective fact sheet.